|:| Welcome |:|

Welcome to my little, dark corner of the web.
Enjoy your stay and thank you for visiting.
I've been writing for a long time and had a website years ago
But have now decided to create a blog.



Only the more recent entries show (below)
... Please use the "Blog Archive" to the right of the first blog post,
To read more poetry/lyrics.
~ Thank you

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Phoenix Rising

You so kept me spinning and reeling
And it took everything I had
To hide feeling
Even though you were slowly killing me

My hands were chained, my heart was twisted
And I knew what I would have to brave
To be lifted
From heavy path and aftermath to be

I had to give and prove
I had to see it done
To know deep in my heart
Trying bled till dying
And what remained was none

Your angry voice left me quite assured
What I had to do was before me
Oh, though obscured
Ruins lay jagged and unforgiving

From ground of burnt love, I rallied nerve
To push my footsteps, fierce into flight
What I deserve
Is the chance your attempt denied living

And dust swirled
Scorched by flame
Seared with blame
But just the same
Goodbye was on the wing
Upon my leave
Upon last time I'll ever hear you call my name

Last time was the last time I'll hear you call my name
Goodbye rides on the wing
There, it will always stay
With release to my back
A new horizon bursts
Far risen from the gray

(c) Kay Irvin

No comments:

Post a Comment


'And no one really knows
... the child who comes and goes'
(from Changeling - Kay Irvin)

Credit / Copyright

Some graphics from "Glitter Graphics"
and FaceBook Shares ... used for design only
Copyright from these images belong
Respectively to their creators
If image has (c) name noted/ownership, it is left intact

Main page, header & footer background by Itkupilli
(Cute and Cool Backgrounds)



Private photograph[s], & some graphic[s]~(c) Kay Irvin
Writing/Poetry/Lyrics: © Copyright 1997 - 2015
~ All rights reserved, All rights retained ~
Poetry & Lyrical Collections of work(s)
Catalogued with the United States Copyright Office
[including: Edited, Updated and/or Alternative Versions]
Registration submission/numbers/information on file
Site/Posts/Blog/Feed content is protected by copyright laws
- Not to be used in production, compilation, distribution,
Publication, composition or utilized in any form
- No other is to claim work(s) as "their own"
- Not to be altered or edited in any way
Any use requires written authorization from Kay Irvin
(thank you)

... xox ...

Search This Blog

Visitors


- - - - -