|:| Welcome |:|

Welcome to my little, dark corner of the web.
Enjoy your stay and thank you for visiting.
I've been writing for a long time and had a website years ago
But have now decided to create a blog.



Only the more recent entries show (below)
... Please use the "Blog Archive" to the right of the first blog post,
To read more poetry/lyrics.
~ Thank you

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Ghost Girl

I remember watching people leave
But I had thought intentions would keep
Naïveté can kill over time
Slowly, clearly, as their true stripes creep

And as a twisted vine of ivy,
black thistles of shattered trust did sweep

You promised love, embraced me with care
Then,... walked past me, like I wasn't there
(Ghost Girl) ... 'what a waste and God's mistake'
- I heard you say and I died, inside, 
crumbled with pain, world tumbled to break
(because of the lies)
(there's ghosts in my eyes)

When closeness unraveled to strangers,
heft of their shadows darkened the sky
They never knew me and I not them
How easily they let go but why?

And 'why' rings through my deadfall and stays
- Unanswered call but tears have gone dry

May my torment haunt you, all your days
(Ghost Girl) ... ghosts in her eyes return gaze

© Kay Irvin

No comments:

Post a Comment


'And no one really knows
... the child who comes and goes'
(from Changeling - Kay Irvin)

Credit / Copyright

Some graphics from "Glitter Graphics"
and FaceBook Shares ... used for design only
Copyright from these images belong
Respectively to their creators
If image has (c) name noted/ownership, it is left intact

Main page, header & footer background by Itkupilli
(Cute and Cool Backgrounds)



Private photograph[s], & some graphic[s]~(c) Kay Irvin
Writing/Poetry/Lyrics: © Copyright 1997 - 2015
~ All rights reserved, All rights retained ~
Poetry & Lyrical Collections of work(s)
Catalogued with the United States Copyright Office
[including: Edited, Updated and/or Alternative Versions]
Registration submission/numbers/information on file
Site/Posts/Blog/Feed content is protected by copyright laws
- Not to be used in production, compilation, distribution,
Publication, composition or utilized in any form
- No other is to claim work(s) as "their own"
- Not to be altered or edited in any way
Any use requires written authorization from Kay Irvin
(thank you)

... xox ...

Search This Blog

Visitors


- - - - -