|:| Welcome |:|

Welcome to my little, dark corner of the web.
Enjoy your stay and thank you for visiting.
I've been writing for a long time and had a website years ago
But have now decided to create a blog.



Only the more recent entries show (below)
... Please use the "Blog Archive" to the right of the first blog post,
To read more poetry/lyrics.
~ Thank you

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Non-Lament

He came to me, offering support, strength and closeness
He asked me questions, seemingly interested
He said he loved the way I thought
and the way I was, as a whole
But the nagging, leery part of me kept me cautious 
And ... so quickly came ... a change
Less questions
Less curiosity
Less support
More leaning on me
More, I was the strong one
More, I had the grit,
while his backbone often slumped limp
And I learned his tells
- how he faked initiative and surety
with a slight bad boy impersonation
He started making fun of me
- putting me down
- lashing out against the very way I was
But it was the same,
as once, he had said he loved
Time was like the slow burn of a razor blade
- temper tantrums and boyish sulk
I had no patience for it
He easily let me go and moved on to another

I imagine him now
- the faux pose, in black leather, atop a motorcycle,
like some character from a biker TV show
And I am thankful 
to be among the living, even though single,
better so, than a dead world of endless days and empty nights 
I guess he could hold unpleasant thoughts of me
And I might be hurt, if I wasn't moreover drawn to being appreciative of fate

© Kay Irvin

No comments:

Post a Comment


'And no one really knows
... the child who comes and goes'
(from Changeling - Kay Irvin)

Credit / Copyright

Some graphics from "Glitter Graphics"
and FaceBook Shares ... used for design only
Copyright from these images belong
Respectively to their creators
If image has (c) name noted/ownership, it is left intact

Main page, header & footer background by Itkupilli
(Cute and Cool Backgrounds)



Private photograph[s], & some graphic[s]~(c) Kay Irvin
Writing/Poetry/Lyrics: © Copyright 1997 - 2015
~ All rights reserved, All rights retained ~
Poetry & Lyrical Collections of work(s)
Catalogued with the United States Copyright Office
[including: Edited, Updated and/or Alternative Versions]
Registration submission/numbers/information on file
Site/Posts/Blog/Feed content is protected by copyright laws
- Not to be used in production, compilation, distribution,
Publication, composition or utilized in any form
- No other is to claim work(s) as "their own"
- Not to be altered or edited in any way
Any use requires written authorization from Kay Irvin
(thank you)

... xox ...

Search This Blog

Visitors


- - - - -